Woolrich Will Provide You with Quality Winter Jackets and Coats

When the cold winter months are approaching, you will start to wonder whether you have suitable clothing to get through the months comfortably. Well, if you have a coat or a jacket from Woolrich, it is safe to say that you are well set for the cold days ahead.

The History of Woolrich

Woolrich was founded by Daniel McCormick and John Rich back in 1830, making it the first manufacturer of outdoor clothing in the United States.

The company started in a wool mill in a small town in Pennsylvania. However, they had to stop wool production at this mill in 1843 because there was a shortage of water. McCormick sold his part of the company to Rich the same year, and they moved to a new mill in 1845 (still in Pennsylvania).

The mill is no longer in use, but the site is now the headquarters of this huge company. In fact, the area became a company town and became known as Woolwich. The mill where the company started off is now used as a storage location.

Outdoor activities grew in popularity in the 1970s, meaning that other companies wanted to get a slice of the pie. In the 80s, Woolrich started to lose a lot of money due to competitors such as Eddie Bauer, L.L. Bean, The North Face, and The Timberland Company. In 1990, they had to let go of nearly 3,000 employees and temporarily close a number of plants.

In 2007, Roswell Brayton Junior, the CEO and President of Woolrich collapsed and died at the headquarters. He was the 6th generation of the Rich family to manage the company. Nowadays, President Nick Brayton and Vice-President Joshua Rich are the 7th and 8th generations of the family to manage Woolrich.

In 2013, Woolrich started to manufacture shoes for the first time. They showcased their footwear to the world at the beginning of 2014 and they have gone on to become just as popular as their jackets and coats.

Best-Selling Men’s Jackets and Coats

Woolrich products are of such quality that you will be extremely happy with whatever jacket or coat you choose to help you get through the cold winter months. However, we recommend that you take a look at some of their best-selling jackets and coats. After all, something doesn’t become a best seller because it has nothing going for it.

Men’s Fur Free Arctic Parka

This popular parka is made out of water-resistant Ramar fabric and comes equipped with a hood, nylon interior, the ability to fasten with buttons and zips, two pockets in the chest, and two pockets at the bottom. 90% of the filling is duck down, while the remaining 10% is feathers. This coat is available in bourbon, dark green, iron, greenstone, Melton blue, new black, and wood.

Men’s Detachable Fur Arctic Parka

This parka is also made using water-resistant Ramar fabric. However, it has a Teflon finish which makes it snow and wind resistant as we well. It comes equipped with a hood that has a coyote fur trimming that can be taken off if you so wish. You can fasten it with buttons and zips and there are two pockets in the chest and two down at your waist.  80% of the coat is filled with duck down, while the remaining 20% is made up of feathers. This coat is available in bourbon, dark green, iron, Melton blue, marine scarlet, new black, nut, and wood.

Logo Vest

This gilet is made out of water-repellent nylon and is stuffed with 90% duck down and 10% feathers. It comes equipped with a double-slider zipper and pockets on both sides. It is available in ocean blue, Melton blue, black, and Pine.

Stretch Mountain Parka

This parka is made using water-resistant stretch fabric and comes equipped with flap pockets, ribbed cuffs, and zip fastening. It is made up of 90% duck down and 10% feathers. It is only available in black or Melton blue though.

Luxury Mountain Parka

This parka is made using Lora Piana wool, which is some of the best wool around. It has a long neck to protect your neck from the cold, a zip that has a flap cover, two chest pockets, and two pockets above the waist. It is made up of 90% duck down and 10% feathers. It is available in dark grey and navy.

Travel Blazer

This jacket is made using water-resistant fabric and has a laminated finish. There is a high neck, a pocket on the chest, and two pockets at the bottom. There is a vent at the back to allow ventilation (don’t worry, it won’t let in a draft) and the filling is 100% polyester. This jacket is available in Melton Blue or black.

Some Frequently Asked Questions

Below you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions that the Woolrich customer service team receive.

Do I have to open an account in order to make an order?

You do not need to set up an account in order to place an order, but if you do not you will not be able to track your order or keep a track of your order history. Furthermore, you will need to input your card details every single time that you place an order.

Is it safe to give you our banking details online?

The online security of their customers is something that is of the utmost importance to Woolrich. This is why they use all of the best and latest encryption technology. When you shop with them, you can be certain that your bank details are not going to end up in the wrong hands.

Do you ship to multiple addresses?

They will only ship to one address for every order. If you are buying items as gifts for people who live at a different address, you will need to make separate orders.

Is it possible to change the delivery address once the order has been sent?

Once the order has been dispatched from the warehouse, it is not possible to change the delivery address. Therefore, always double check that you have provided them with the correct address details.

Is my order insured?

All orders are insured against accidental damage and theft while moving from our warehouse to the delivery address. Once you have signed for your items, the insurance is void. If you notice that the box is damaged, it is recommended that you refuse it or make a note on the signing form that the box was damaged.

Can I track my order?

Once your goods have left their warehouse, you will receive an email that details the shipping information and provides you with a tracking number. As mentioned above, the tracking option is only available to those who have taken the time to set up an account.

How long will it take for my items to reach me?

Once you have placed your order, they will aim to dispatch it from their warehouse within the next two working days. Then, it will obviously depend on where you live, but they aim to have it to you within 5 working days. They do not hold themselves accountable for any delays that arise due to customs or extreme weather conditions.   

If I am not happy with an item, how do I return it?

If you receive an item from them that you are not happy with, you can return it to them for free within 14 days. However, if you have washed, worn, or damaged the goods, then they are no longer returnable. You also need to keep the price tag on and return it to them in the original packaging.

Do you make use of cookies?

Like most websites, they make use of cookies to get an idea as to how frequently you visit their site, what you are looking at, and what you buy. They do this so they can advertise items that are likely to interest you. If you want, you can disable the cookies on the site without being blocked from using any of the site’s features.